Why Choose Ducted Air Conditioning Over Split Systems?
Do you want to stay comfortable all year round? Ducted air conditioning is the answer to keeping your whole home comfortable despite the weather conditions outside.
No matter what stage you’re at, thinking about air conditioning your home or getting ready to install, it is a great idea to consider ducted air conditioning. You may have heard some negatives about it, i.e. on the internet; however we are here to help you understand why ducted air conditioning is the best solution for your home or office and how you will benefit from it.
A whole house solution
Ducted air conditioning is designed with the concept to cool and heat the whole house. The system consists of an indoor and an outdoor unit. The outdoor unit pumps air to the indoor unit where the air is cooled or heated as desired and released through a network of ducting to each room.
Ducted air conditioning is a sleek system which is unobtrusive to the design of your home. The outdoor unit is situated on an external wall and the indoor unit is installed into the roof cavity. The system is fitted off with stylish outlets in the ceiling and control panels on the wall in a central location. Therefore, no bulky unit displays will be in the interior of your home or office.
Are you worried about injury to you, your family and friends or pets? Rest assured, ducted air conditioning is a safe system with no risk of potential harm. Our Quality Air installers are fully qualified electricians and will install your ducted system correctly following all best practice procedures, maximizing safety. The unit is concealed in the roof cavity and outlets installed in the ceiling. There are no exposed flames, elements or fan blades and is out of reach, unlike other heating and cooling methods i.e. split system units.
Ducted air conditioning is a “set and forget” system which is very easy to use. With the simple press of a button your air conditioning comes on. There are clear buttons which you use to set your desired air temperature and flow, which also allows you to turn off zones that aren’t being used, increasing efficiency and lowering your electricity bill.
Further to this, these days most ducted air conditioning systems have an app which can be installed on your tablet or smart phone with iOS (Apple) or Android capabilities. Ducted air conditioning is the only air system that uses an app. The app works as a remote control where you can adjust the temperature from anywhere, from a room in your home to your desk at work. This allows you to turn on your air conditioning before you arrive home, for example; using your smart phone to turn your air conditioning on from your workplace, cooling the house down before you get there.
Ducted air conditioning systems are designed with many components that improve the overall efficiency. These components are as follows:
- Reverse cycle: simply means the one system provides heating and cooling. This saves you having multiple systems drawing electricity to each unit. The Ducted air conditioning systems produced a higher heat output than the electricity input which gives it an ‘efficiency’ of up to 250% more.
- Inverter Control: helps the system handle greater extremes in temperature, is smoother and more stable in operation and reaches the desired temperature more quickly than conventional units. Read more here- “What is Inverter Technology?”
- Thermostats and Sensors: units are controlled by these and are installed in the return air, individual zones/rooms or on the controller. They are designed to help compensate for as much temperature variance as possible. The thermostats and sensors work in conjunction with the inverter controls. They measure the temperature of the area. When an area gets to the desired temperature, a signal is sent to the main controls and the system cycles off. When the area changes temperature (heats up or cools down) a signal is sent to the main controls and the system cycles on.
- Timer: This can be used to help save power by having the system come on at appropriate times to avoid having the system on when no one is in the house. Read more here- “Will using the air conditioners timer improve energy efficiency”
- R410A Refrigerant: this is the gas used in ducted air conditioning systems. It provides excellent stability as well as offering superior energy saving.
Ducted air conditioning is a great investment and can be considered as a luxury. It will simultaneously increase the value of your home. Initially these systems are more expensive to purchase and install compared to other heating and cooling devices, however the running costs of ducted air conditioning will offset this over time.
Do you wish to make your whole home more comfortable? Why not enquire today to find out how Quality Air can help. Give us a call on 07 3395 7633 and speak with one of our friendly staff or fill out the quick quotation form and we will get back in touch with you.